My Sunday nights lately consist of making dinner and then rushing out the door to get to my Pool League for 6:00 p.m. and this usually means I miss dinner because I just don’t have the time.
This time I decided that a very simple, time saving recipe was needed so I could eat before going out and since it has been quite awhile since I have made these and the family loves them it was a no-brainer.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 8 large Tortillas
- 4 cups cooked shredded Chicken
- 1 16 ounce jar of Herdez® Salsa Verde
- 6 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Green Onions – rough chopped for garnish
- 2 Poblano peppers – seeded and diced
- Sour Cream for garnish
Putting it all together:
- Pre heat the oven to 375°
- Warm the tortillas for about 30 seconds to make them pliable.
- In the centre of the tortilla place a 1/4 cup of cheese then top with 1/2 cup of the chicken, Poblano peppers and salsa. Roll into a cylinder shape and place on a sheet pan.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Cover the enchiladas with the remaining cheese and salsa and put in the oven until the cheese has melted and the enchiladas are heated through.
- Plate the enchiladas and top with some sour cream and chopped green onion.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time………….