Surf N Turf Snack
Afternoon snacks around our house while working in the garden are Simple but Tasty and this particular one is a real crowd pleaser.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 12 31 – 40 Peeled Deveined Shrimp
- 1 pound Top Sirloin Steak Tails – cut into bite sized pieced
- 1/4 cup Soya Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons Granulated Garlic
- 4 tablespoons Garlic Hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 small bunch Scallions – chopped for garnish
- 6 Bamboo skewers
Putting it all together:
- In a non reactive bowl combine the Soya, Hoisin and sugar and mix well.
- Place the steak in a large zip lock bag, add the soya mixture and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 45 minutes so they will not burn on the grill.
- Preheat your grill to 375°.
- Thread the steak onto the skewers.
- Grill the skewers for 10 minutes per side
- Pull the skewers off the grill and tent with tinfoil
- Melt the garlic and butter in a large saute pan at medium high heat
- Add the shrimp to the garlic butter and saute until all shrimp are pink…. about 8 minutes.
- Plate 3 skewers and 6 shrimp per person and garnish with the chopped green onion.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time…….