Southwest Black Bean Burger
I am in no way a Vegetarian and don’t do vegetarian dishes all that often…. maybe one or two a year, however this is a recipe I have wanted to try for some time.
Now the last time I had a Black Bean Burger it was in a local restaurant and it was just awful…… it took me hours to get the taste of Cumin out of my mouth. I mean there was so much of it in the burger that I could not taste anything else and it was horrid.
So now here is my interpretation of a black bean burger.
Cook’s note: The Ancho chili powder makes this one a little bit spicy so feel free to adjust the amount.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 medium Green Pepper rough chopped
- 1 Sweet Onion rough chopped
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 15 ounce cans of Black Beans – rinsed and set aside in separate bowls
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Seasoned Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander
- 2 Teaspoons Granulated Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Ancho Chili Powder
Putting it all together:
- Place all ingredients except one bowl of black beans in a food processor.
- Pulse the ingredients until a paste has formed.
- Place the paste in a large mixing bowl and add the remaining beans and the breadcrumbs. Mix well.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 40 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and form into 5 ounce patties.
- Pan fry or grill for 8 mins. per side.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……..