Surf N Turf Snack
Afternoon snacks around our house while working in the garden are Simple but Tasty and this particular one is a real crowd pleaser.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 12 31 – 40 Peeled Deveined Shrimp
- 1 pound Top Sirloin Steak Tails – cut into bite sized pieced
- 1/4 cup Soya Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons Granulated Garlic
- 4 tablespoons Garlic Hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 small bunch Scallions – chopped for garnish
- 6 Bamboo skewers
Putting it all together:
- In a non reactive bowl combine the Soya, Hoisin and sugar and mix well.
- Place the steak in a large zip lock bag, add the soya mixture and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 45 minutes so they will not burn on the grill.
- Preheat your grill to 375°.
- Thread the steak onto the skewers.
- Grill the skewers for 10 minutes per side
- Pull the skewers off the grill and tent with tinfoil
- Melt the garlic and butter in a large saute pan at medium high heat
- Add the shrimp to the garlic butter and saute until all shrimp are pink…. about 8 minutes.
- Plate 3 skewers and 6 shrimp per person and garnish with the chopped green onion.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time…….
One thought on “Surf N Turf Snack”