Shells with Sausage and Broccoli
Pasta is one of those go to items when you really can’t decide what’s for dinner and since there are literally hundreds of variations you’ll never be stuck for a recipe.
I particularly like this one because my grandson inhaled it and wanted more for lunch at school the next day.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 1/4 cups Large Shells
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Mild Italian Sausage – casing removed
- 1 small yellow Onion – diced
- 1 medium yellow Pepper – diced
- 2 handfuls Spinach
- 4 cups Broccoli florets
- 3 1/2 cups Low Sodium Chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp granulated Garlic
- Salt to taste
Putting it all together:
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven and cook the onion and peppers with some salt until softened.
- Add the sausage and cook until broken up and brown then add the Broccoli and Garlic.
- Pour in half the Chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the pasta shells and cook until the pasta is cooked through and most of the broth is absorbed.
- Mix in the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Place in bowls and dust with the Parmesan.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……..