Shrimp Alfredo Pasta Bake
Around our house on Fridays we try to have fish or seafood just because it’s healthy for you and let’s face it, it’s good. Now this particular recipe came about as a collaboration between my wife and my grandson. My wife said she wanted a seafood pasta and my grandson (all of 7 yrs old) asked for Lobster….. Really?? Where did this kid come up with these Champagne tastes??
Well it just so happened one of my local grocers had Lobster tails on sale for $3.00 each so I said “What the hell” and went for it.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 2 lbs Penne
- 8 ounces Slab Bacon – diced
- 1 bag 21 – 30 Shrimp – cleaned, peeled and tail off
- 4 3 ounce Lobster Tails
- 2 jars Classico Alfredo Pasta sauce
- 4 Garlic cloves – chopped
- 1 medium Shallot – chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Putting it all together:
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package directions.
- In a saute pan cook the bacon until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the bacon fat cook the garlic and shallots for about three minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until pink.
- Drain the pasta, add the Classico sauce, half the Parmesan, bacon and shrimp mixture. Pour into a casserole dish, cover with tin foil and bake for about 20 minutes.
- While the pasta is baking boil the lobster tails in salted water until pink in colour. Let cool and remove from shell.
- Plate the pasta, top with the Lobster tail and garnish with parsley and the remaining Parmesan.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……..