Peanut Butter Hummus
Had a bunch of cut up and bagged veggies to use for snacks but I didn’t have anything for a dip because we had just finished store bought Hummus and I don’t really like Ranch dressing so I decided to make my own.
Now traditional Hummus is Chickpeas and Tahini as a base and then other ingredients added to your liking. I found I was out of Tahini but I remembered a conversation with a friend who makes hers with Peanut Butter so I decided to give it a go…. and it works.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 19 ounce can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 Garlic cloves peeled and chopped
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Putting it all together:
- Place all ingredients except the Olive Oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
- With the machine running add the olive oil.
- If the mixture is to thick add some warm water until you get the consistency you like.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time…….