I have not posted anything in a while mainly because life has gotten in the way and if things work out my posts may be fewer and further between because I have been accepted into a Chef Training program that is operated through our local Adult Education institution and it is taught by a Red Seal Chef. The mere fact that, after going through the assessment process and being interviewed by the Chef, that I was accepted is a huge boost to my ego and that after the program is over I will be in a much better position to investigate opening my own little 35-40 seat Cafe with my daughter.
With that being said, let me introduce you to my version of BBQ’d Pork Satay (Sate) and when I tell you this is a real “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond”… trust me it is.
Here’s how we do this one.
- Two to three medium sized boneless Pork Sirloin Chops
- Three tablespoons of Reese’s™ Peanut Butter Chocolate spread
- Two to three tablespoons water
- Eight to twelve Bamboo skewers (the number will depend on how big you make your pieces)
Putting it all together:
- Soak the skewers in water for at least 45 minutes so that they will not burn on the grill
- Cut the Pork Sirloin Chops into bite sized pieces
- In a non reactive bowl mix the Reese’s™ spread and water until it has a smooth consistency
- In a large zip lock container or another suitable container with a tight fitting lid mix the pork and the peanut butter spread and refrigerate for at least an hour
- Thread the pork on the skewers and BBQ until the internal temperature has reached 165°
- Best when served with rice
There you have it…….. another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond”
Until next time……….
One thought on “BBQ’d Pork Satay”
Congratulations on your new position!