Have you ever sat and pondered what to bring to a Pot Luck BBQ or what side to serve with your killer ribs?
Try stepping out of the box and bringing/serving this easy to make dish that will have people clamoring for the recipe and you looking like you sweated in the kitchen for ever.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces)red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces)white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet or 5 quart Dutch oven, cook beef, bacon and onion until meat is done and onion is tender. Drain any fat. Combine all remaining ingredients except beans. Add to meat mixture; mix well. Stir in beans.
- Place in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish or cover the Dutch oven and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.