Pad Thai Meatballs
Fusion in cuisine is the blending of two cultures into one and making it work which I guess is what this recipe really is because it has taken what is considered a traditional Italian dish, Meatballs, and blended it with a traditional Asian dish, Pad Thai, and frankly it works.
Now as a time saver and the fact I was feeling rather under the weather today I used frozen meatballs and that’s okay with me.
Cooks note: At the end of the day this recipe fed 4 Adults and 1 Child for a total of $20.00 which is astounding for anyone’s budget.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 2 pounds frozen Pre Cooked meatballs
- 1 package Extra Broad Egg Noodles
- 3 tsps Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Fish sauce
- 1/4 cup Soya sauce
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Sambal
- 2-3 tsp Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 4 Garlic cloves – rough chopped
- Salted Peanuts – crushed for garnish
- Cilantro – chopped for garnish
- Scallion greens – chopped for garnish
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch and 4 tbsp Water (optional)
Putting it all together:
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan and heat the meatballs on medium high.
- While the meatballs are heating mix the remaining ingredients, except the peanuts and cilantro, and mix well.
- When the meatballs have heated trough add the sauce mix stirring well. If you wish for your sauce to be thicker this is the time to add the slurry of cornstarch and water.
- Plate the noodles and top with the meatballs
- Garnish with the peanuts, scallions and Cilantro
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……