Every once in a while I feel like doing something simple that is not too difficult but still tasty .
That something is the Sandwich and with a nod to the Sandwich King Jeff Mauro I like to “Make any meal into a sandwich, and any sandwich into a meal” and this particular sandwich does just that.
– 1 Butterflied Chicken breast
– 2 Pieces of Swiss cheese
– Russian salad dressing
– Cole slaw
– 1 Butterflied chicken breast
– Chicken dry rub (see Rubs and Marinades)
– All purpose flour
– 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
– Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan
– Season the chicken with the dry rub and dust with the All purpose flour
– Cook the chicken in the olive oil until done. Approximately 10 minutes
– Toast the bread and spread some Russian dressing on the bottom piece
– Lay the Swiss cheese on top of the Russian dressing
– Add the chicken
– Top with Coleslaw and the other piece of Rye bread
There you have the Chicken Reuben and in case you’re wondering why I use Coleslaw—- simple I can’t stand Sauerkraut and this sandwich is so versatile that it can be served with pretty much any side you wish.
If you decide to try this recipe I hope you find it as “simple but tasty” as I do.