BBQ'D Sweet and Sour Chicken
Learning to cook for me has been a long but fascinating journey and I am happy to say that I am still learning which means that cooking still holds my interest and still has mysteries to figure out.
One of the mysteries it has taken me a while to figure out is how to BBQ chicken without burning the hell out of it and quite simply the solution to the “mystery” is to simply par boil the chicken to reduce the amount of grease the skin will produce thereby reducing the flair ups and the burnt chicken.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 4 Chicken legs
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Granulate Garlic
Putting it all together:
- Par boil the chicken legs in a large pot for 7 minutes.
- Remove the legs to a sheet pan and dispose of the water.
- Heat the BBQ to 400° and place the legs bone side down for 10 minutes then turn over for another 10.
- While the chicken is cooking mix all the other ingredients together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 6 minutes or until thickened.
- Brush the chicken with the sauce and turn over once the sauce has “glazed” the chicken and repeat.
- Remove and enjoy.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time………