Poulet A La Creme
I came across this recipe in an older cookbook by the renowned chef Jacques Pepin and although it looks very pedestrian the final outcome with it’s wonderful flavour profile will have your guests coming back for more.
Cooks note: I served this one with a Rice Pilaf however it would go equally as well with some Egg Noodles.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 8 Skin on Bone in Chicken Thighs
- 6 large Mushrooms – sliced
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 cup dry White Wine
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped Tarragon or Parsley (optional)
Putting it all together:
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the chicken thighs to the pan and brown over high heat for about 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and sprinkle on the flour. turn the chicken over using tongs so the flour is evenly dispersed. Stir in the wine and water and mix well. Bring to a boil, add the salt and pepper and simmer covered for 25 minutes.
- Add the cream, bring to a boil, and boil, uncovered for about 1 minute.
- Serve sprinkled with the tarragon or parsley if desired.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time…….