It’s been quite a while since I posted anything here and for that I am sorry because I did truly enjoy posting my recipes and reading your comments but sometimes life simply gets in the way .
In an effort to get back to Blogging and posting my recipes I thought I would start out with something very “simple but tasty” and one meant for the grill since that particular season is once again, almost, upon us.
- Two pounds ground beef
- Two eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup blackening spice —– recipe follows
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons blue cheese crumble
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 heaping tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 heaping teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
- In a large, non reactive, bowl place the ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs and blackening spice and mix well being careful not to over mix as this will tend to break down the fat content of the meat.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes as this will allow the mixture to firm up
- While the meat mix is firming up add the mayo, sour cream, blue cheese and garlic to another bowl and mix until well incorporated.
- Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes
- Form 4 ounce patties (or larger if you wish) and grill until the burgers reach 165 degrees internal
- Coat the bottom of the burger bun with the Blue Cheese mix add the burger and a slice of tomato and red onion.
- A dollop of mustard on the top finishes the burger quite nicely.
There you have it……… “a simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond”
OH……. and be forewarned. This burger is at least a three napkin burger.
Until next time…………. BON APPETITE