I’m an eclectic cook and love all types of food…. Italian, Chinese, Greek, Mexican and one of my all time favourites CUBAN.
Now ever since I watched the movie Chef with Jon Favreau and John Leguizamo I’ve wanted to do Mojo Pork and use it to make a true Cuban sandwich however as time was little limited today I took their inspiration and instead did Mojo Chicken and it was outta sight.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 12 boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Cilantro
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 6 Mint leaves – rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- Sea Salt and Ground Pepper
Putting it all together:
- Place the chicken thighs in a seal-able bag and set aside.
- In a blender mix all the remaining ingredients and blend until just smooth.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the chicken, mix well and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Heat the BBQ to 375° and grill the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Serve right away with your favourite side.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time…….