Baked Apple Pie Enchiladas
My baking experience is somewhat limited and the past few attempts have been less than stellar…. my Clafoutis didn’t rise and my Peach Cobbler was more like peach gelatin so what I decided to do with this one was to follow the formula to the letter and see what happens.
The flavour profile was certainly there although it could use a bit of tweaking but the overall appearance of the finished product was not what I was expecting and I’m a little disappointed with it however as they say practice makes perfect so I will keep trying this “baking” thing and hopefully it will get better.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 21 ounce can Apple Pie filling
- 6 8 inch Tortillas
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
Putting it all together:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish
- Put the tortillas in the microwave for about 15 seconds to soften so they are easier to roll.
- Put about a 1/4 pie filling just off center of the tortilla, sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar and roll up. Place the roll ups seam side down in the baking dish
- In a medium sauce pan bring the butter, white and brown sugar as well as water to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately three minutes. Stir constantly
- Pour the sauce over the enchiladas, sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar if desired and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Bake in your preheated oven until golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream, whipped cream or caramel sauce
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……