Salmon En Papillot
Fish and Chip night around here just got a whole lot more interesting. I still make the “normal” type for my grandson however for the elder crowd I decided to do Salmon En Papillot because it is simple to make and very simple to clean up. The one major issue with this technique is you cannot see the fish so it is tough to know when it’s done which is why I have labeled the difficulty level on this as medium.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 4 Salmon filets – about 5 ounces each
- 2 cups Yellow Onions – sliced
- 2 cups Red Pepper – sliced
- 2 cups Carrot – julienned
- 4 teaspoons Capers
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Dill
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 Sheets Parchment paper
Putting it all together:
- Pre heat the oven to 400°
- Place the vegetables in the middle of the Parchment paper and season with salt and pepper then place the Salmon on top of the vegetables.
- Melt the butter and dill and then brush over the salmon. Top with the capers and seal the parchment paper by rolling the top down and tucking the ends underneath.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack for 15 minutes.
- To serve simple place the pouch on a plate and cut open the top.
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……..