This is one of those dishes that people really only think of as a breakfast item but in fact is one that is extremely versatile as well as very inexpensive and can be served morning, noon or night.
If you are like me I have neither the time nor the space to pickle my own Brisket and wind up with scratch made Corned Beef so this is one of those rare moments when I will use— gasp—- pre packaged food.
- 2 -12 ounce Cans Corned Beef
- 2 -18 Ounce cans of diced potatoes
- 2- 8 ounce cans of mushrooms
- 1 Medium white onion diced
- 3 or 4 healthy dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of Olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- 4 Eggs
- Heat the oil in a large non- stick pan
- Add the potatoes and sauté over medium high heat until they are crispy and just about fork tender
- Add in the onions, mushrooms and garlic and continue to sauté until the onions start to become translucent – about 4 minutes
- Break up the Corned Beef and mix it very well with the rest of the ingredients
- Mix in the Worcestershire sauce and the pepper.
- While the Corned Beef mixture is cooking fry or poach your eggs.
- When the eggs are finished spoon some of the Corned Beef onto a plate, top with an egg and enjoy. If you feel ambitious you can also toast some bread to have with the meal. I should also point out that I don’t add Salt because the Corned Beef is rather salty to begin with.
Now the reason I mentioned that this was an inexpensive dish to make is because when I used to make it the total cost was under $15.00 and it fed four of us.
So I hope the next time you want something “simple but tasty” that also is inexpensive you will give this one a try. Oh and my thanks to Dreamstime for the awesome photo.
Until next time……..