Bacon wrapped baby potatoes
Sometimes finding just the right side dish can be a major chore as well as a major pain in the butt and this is exactly the dilemma I was facing not to long ago when my ever helpful and brilliant wife suggested I make the perfect side dish….. “bacon wrapped baby potatoes”.
Not much else to say after bacon wrapped potatoes except……….. “Let’s eat”.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 12 – 18 medium sized “Baby potatoes” (allows for 3-4 potatoes per person)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated Onion
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 8 slices of Bacon – cut in half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Rosemary
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
Putting it all together:
- Blanche the potatoes in salted water for about 5 minutes
- Put the blanched potatoes in an ice bath and set aside
- Put all the ingredients except the bacon in a large mixing bowl and blend well
- When the potatoes have cooled add them to the mixture and coat well
- Wrap each potato with a half slice of bacon and put, seam side down, on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until the bacon is crispy
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……….