Shrimp with Sundried Tomato and Basil Risotto
As my favourite celebrity chef, Emeril Lagasse, says “cooking aint rocket science” and this recipe is a perfect example of that philosophy.
Now this one is a little bit more difficult than the ones I normally showcase but that is because Risotto can be finicky and a little hard to make but don’t shy away because of that. Give it a whack and see….. you just might surprise yourself.
Cooks note: Use warmed stock so as not to retard the cooking process and cost yourself time.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 bag 31-40 Shrimp tail removed
- 5 cups Salt Reduced Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 medium diced White Onion
- 3 ounces chopped re-hydrated Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 2 fine chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped Basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Pea Shoots for garnish (optional)
Putting it all together:
- In a large pot heat the chicken stock and let simmer on very low heat.
- In a large sauce pan heat the olive oil over medium and add the onion. Cook for about two minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add in the Arborio rice and mix until well coated.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and mix well.
- Ladle in some warm chicken stock and stir until fully incorporated.
- Continue adding stock until all has been used.
- In a separate pan heat the garlic butter and add the shrimp cooking until just pink.
- Mix the Parmesan into the Risotto.
- Plate the Risotto and add the Shrimp. Top with the peas shoots and enjoy.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until the next time…….