I have not posted anything in a while mainly because life has gotten in the way and if things work out my posts may be fewer and further between because I have been accepted into a Chef Training program that is operated through our local Adult Education institution and it is taught by a Red Seal Chef. The mere fact that, after going through the assessment process and being interviewed by the Chef, that I was accepted is a huge boost to my ego and that after the program is over I will be in a much better position to investigate opening my own little 35-40 seat Cafe with my daughter.
With that being said, let me introduce you to my version of BBQ’d Pork Satay (Sate) and when I tell you this is a real “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond”… trust me it is.
Here’s how we do this one.
- Two to three medium sized boneless Pork Sirloin Chops
- Three tablespoons of Reese’s™ Peanut Butter Chocolate spread
- Two to three tablespoons water
- Eight to twelve Bamboo skewers (the number will depend on how big you make your pieces)
Putting it all together:
- Soak the skewers in water for at least 45 minutes so that they will not burn on the grill
- Cut the Pork Sirloin Chops into bite sized pieces
- In a non reactive bowl mix the Reese’s™ spread and water until it has a smooth consistency
- In a large zip lock container or another suitable container with a tight fitting lid mix the pork and the peanut butter spread and refrigerate for at least an hour
- Thread the pork on the skewers and BBQ until the internal temperature has reached 165°
- Best when served with rice
There you have it…….. another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond”
Until next time……….