Potsticker Noodle Bowls
Potstickers, Pierogies, Gyoza, or simply Dumplings all have one thing in common…… they are pieces of dough stuffed with very tasty fillings and then fried to perfection. Serve them with an awesome dipping sauce and you have a fantastic meal or even a simple appetizer and since my dough making skills are less than stellar I sought out a different way of bringing those awesome flavours together in a dish and so we have Potsticker Noodle Bowls.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 8 ounces Rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground Pork
- 2 Eggs
- 14 ounce bag Coleslaw
- 7 green Onions – rough chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves – minced
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soya sauce
- 1/4 cup Chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sambal
- 2 teaspoons Fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated Ginger
- White pepper to taste
Putting it all together:
- Prepare the noodles according to the package instructions.
- In a non reactive bowl mix together the soy sauce, chicken broth, rice vinegar, sambal, fish sauce, and ginger and set aside.
- In an other non reactive bowl whisk together the eggs and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet and add the pork and the white pepper and stir fry until cooked through.
- Add coleslaw and green onions and continue to cook until the coleslaw starts to wilt. Add garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Make a well in the center of the wok or skillet, add eggs and scramble. Toss with the stir fry to combine.
- Drain the noodles and add to the wok stir frying for 1 minute.
- Add sauce and continue to stir fry until the noodles are tender.
- Plate and enjoy.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time…….
One thought on “Potsticker Noodle Bowls”