Five Spice Fish
The original recipe I found was under the title Hong Kong Fish and it intrigued me so much I had to look at it and from what I saw the main difference between our fish and Hong Kong Fish is the type of sauce it is served with. In Hong Kong it is usually served with a Tomato Sauce, Corn Sauce or Black Pepper Sauce but since I didn’t feel like making a sauce I simply left that part out.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 4 Basa filets
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Chinese Five Spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Pepper
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Water
- Green Onion for garnish.
- Canola oil for frying
Putting it all together:
- Preheat the oil in a large pan.
- In a non reactive bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl mix together the eggs and water.
- Dredge the filets in the egg mixture and then in the flour mix.
- Fry the filets in the oil until golden brown.
- Remove to papers towels to drain. and garnish with green onion
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……..