Sausage and Peppers Sandwich
Quick and easy lunches and dinners can sometimes be elusive simply because we don’t have that much time to think about it. This particular recipe comes in very handy for just those occasions as there are not that many ingredients and the time from start to finish is short.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 package of six Italian sausage
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 6 Panini buns
- 2 medium Red Pepper – sliced
- 2 medium Green pepper – sliced
- 2 medium yellow Onions – sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried Oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Putting it all together:
- In a large pot of water par boil the sausage until just firm.
- In a large saute pan saute the peppers and onions until just soft and add the herbs and salt and pepper
- Slice the peppers down the middle and flatten.
- Place the peppers in a large frying pan and top with some of the onion and pepper mix. Top with the Provolone and cover with a pot lid until the cheese has melted.
- While the cheese is melting lightly toast the panini buns.
- Place the sausage and peppers in the bun, slice on the bias and enjoy.
Cooks note: Par boiling the sausage will make it easier to slice them down the middle and will stop them from falling apart.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……..