Mini Banana Bread Loaves
In my ever continuing quest to become a baker I have decided to practice with very easy baking formulas and ones that I have had some success with before therefore I have chosen this one as it is super easy and even I can’t mess it up….. well I can but not this time.
I decided to use my mini loaf pan for this as the results are the perfect after school snack size and they can go in my grandsons lunch for school.
Cooks note: I have referred to this as a “formula” because I was taught in culinary school that Baker’s use formulas and Cooks/Chefs use recipes and it kind of stuck in my mind.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 2 cups smashed overripe Bananas
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pam® Olive Oil spray
Putting it all together:
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix together the bananas, eggs and the remaining wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Spray the loaf pan with the Pam and pour the batter into each loaf slot.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the loaves comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time………