When it comes to snack food most people think of potato chips, popcorn and that kind of thing and I admit that I do the same thing however I wanted something different and healthy this time so in searching the pantry I found some Avocados and decided they would be perfect in a snack and they were.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 2 Ripe Avocados – pitted and removed from the skin
- 3 Garlic cloves – finely diced
- 2 small Shallots – diced
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes – sliced
- 2 ounces of Capers
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Small Baguette – sliced on the bias
Putting it all together:
- In a medium non reactive bowl mash the Avocado with a fork until just slightly chunky.
- Mix in the garlic and shallots and season with the salt and pepper. Cover and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Toast the baguette slices and lightly brush them with the Canola oil, spread on the Avocado and top with the tomatoes and capers.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……