Ground Beef Stuffed Shells
This is a recipe I have wanted to try for some time now but for some reason I just never got around to it until today.
Now since I have never made this one before I am borrowing a recipe from Taste of Home Magazine but of course I will be adding my own little flair to it.
Cooks Note: This recipe is a bit labour intensive so give yourself adequate time to prepare it.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 package Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil.
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion – diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves – chopped
- 5 cups Baby Spinach
- 15 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 8 ounce jar Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 jar Spaghetti Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- chopped Parsley for garnish.
Putting it all together:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large pot of salted water cook the shells according to the package instructions. When cooked run under cold water.
- While the pasta is cooking brown the ground beef in a large pan, drain and remove to a bowl.
- Return the ground beef to the pan and add in the onion, garlic, spinach, pesto, salt and pepper and simmer for about ten minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix the Ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups Parmesan and egg.
- Mix half the beef mixture with the cheese.
- In a greased 13×9 baking dish spread 3/4 cup of pasta sauce. Stuff the shells with the beef and cheese mix and place in the dish.
- Mix the remaining pasta sauce in with the remaining half of the ground beef and pour over the stuffed shells.
- Top with Parmesan and Italian blend and bake until cheese has melted and is bubbly, about 15 mins.
- Garnish with Parsley and enjoy.
There you have it another “Simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……..