Mexican Chopped Salad
Staying with the Healthy Eating aspect of my new fitness regime I’m sharing a modified Mexican Chopped Salad that I borrowed from Rachael Ray.
Now this one is modified because there are ingredients she has in hers (Jicama) that I don’t have and I’m using a couple of things she doesn’t (Turnip and Radishes). Also her particular recipe calls for a vinaigrette while mine has no dressing at all.
Thank you Chef for a great salad idea.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 1/2 heads Romaine lettuce – rough chopped
- 1 head Kale – rough chopped
- 1 medium Turnip – cut into matchsticks
- 6 – 8 Radishes – quartered
- 3 Roma tomatoes – diced
- 1 medium Green Pepper – diced
- 1/2 large Red Onion – diced
- 1 handful Cilantro – chopped
- 1 8 ounce tin Corn kernels
- 1 9 ounce can Black Beans – drained and rinsed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Feta cheese for topping
Putting it all together:
- In a large bowl toss all ingredients except the Feta and Lime juice.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the salad and top with the Feta cheese.
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time………