Curried Vegetable Couscous with Ham
Healthy eating does not have to consist of boring and tasteless food items it can be as tasty as you want it to be…. all you need is a little imagination and the right seasonings.
I decided on this recipe mainly because I had some Couscous in the cupboard that I needed to use and the Curry because Couscous on it’s own is tasteless and bland. As for the ham??? I like ham however you can use anything else you wish or leave it out for a healthy vegetarian dish.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 1/2 cups Couscous
- 1 1/2 cups Sodium reduced Chicken Stock
- 2 cups diced Ham
- 2 cups frozen mixed Vegetables
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Curry powder
- 2 tablespoons Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
Putting it all together:
- In a medium stock pot combine the chicken stock, curry, turmeric and butter and bring to a boil.
- Mix in the couscous, cover and let stand off the heat for 10 minutes.
- While the couscous is standing heat the vegetables in a separate pot of water.
- Combine the couscous, vegetables, salt and pepper mixing well. Adjust the seasonings.
- Plate and top with the diced ham.
Cooks note: You can heat the diced ham or leave it cold.
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time…….
One thought on “Curried Vegetable Couscous with Ham”