Pork with Peanut Sauce
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…. I LOVE PORK ……It has an awesome flavour and it is so versatile that it lends itself to some really good recipes. In fact I don’t think there is a culture in the world that does not have at least one pork recipe….. okay there might be one or two.
The wonderful thing about this recipe is the sheer simplicity of it all and I think the most complicated part is the peanut sauce because it takes a few minutes to make.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 4 pound Pork Loin
- 1/2 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- juice of 2 Limes
- 1/3 cup of Hot Water
- 1/4 cup Cilantro – chopped
- 1/2 cup Chopped Peanuts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Putting it all together:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the pork loin on a sheet pan and season with salt and pepper. Put in the oven for 50 – 60 minutes.
- For the peanut sauce combine all remaining ingredients except the cilantro and chopped peanuts in a blender or small food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Slice the pork and top with the peanut sauce, cilantro and chopped peanuts.
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time…….
One thought on “Pork with Peanut Sauce”