Lemon Caper Beurre Blanc
I was searching for a “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond” that goes well fish and seafood and I remembered seeing Beurre Blanc mentioned on the various cooking shows I watch and I decided to settle on this one because it is simple to make.
Here is how we do this one.
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 pound Butter – cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Shallot
- 3 Garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Capers – drained
- 1 Medium Lemon – juiced
- Salt to taste
Putting it all together:
- Put the white wine, garlic and shallots in a sauce pan, bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add in the vinegar and capers and continue to simmer for about another 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the cubes of butter stirring continuously.
- When all the butter has melted remove from the heat, season with the salt and serve warm.
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time…….