Seafood Linguine Alfredo
“Everything you see I owe to pasta.” – Sophia Loren
The last time I posted an Alfredo type recipe was TWO years ago (time sure does fly) so I thought I would do another one but with a couple of variations this time around.
Now the Alfredo Sauce itself is staying the same (why mess with a good thing) however this time around as a time saving element I will be using precooked Clam meat and Mussels along with uncooked Shrimp in addition to Shallots and Spinach. I will also be using TAIL OFF shrimp as I personally can’t stand biting into a succulent shrimp only to try and find a place to dispose of the tail.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 package thawed 31-40 White Shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 2 1/2 cups Clam meat
- 2 1/2 cups Mussels
- 2 Shallots – diced
- 2 medium Garlic cloves – finely diced
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy cream
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups Grated Parmesan
- 1 pkg (350 grams) Linguine noodles
- Shaved Parmesan and Parsley for garnish
Putting it all together:
- In a large pot of salted water cook the Linguine according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan and add in the garlic and shallot and cook until the shallot is translucent. Add the butter and mix well.
- When the butter has melted add the heavy cream, spinach and the grated Parmesan and stir frequently.
- Reduce the heat and let the sauce thicken.
- Add in the shrimp, mussels and clams and continue cooking until the shrimp has turned pink.
- Plate the pasta, top with the sauce and garnish with the shaved Parmesan and Parsley.
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……
5 thoughts on “Seafood Linguine Alfredo”
This is my version of heaven. I like what seafood you chose; mussels are a favorite of mine. Delicious.
Thank you. As my future son in law said it was stupid good…. lol
I bet it was!!
Very nice and tasty recipe 🙂