Curried Rice Salad with Shrimp
This is one of those super easy recipes to make that can be a side or main dish and as an added bonus it can be made ahead and left in the refrigerator for a couple of days and all you would need to do when you wished to have it is add the shrimp.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 bag medium shelled and deveined Shrimp
- 1 medium White Onion – diced
- 3 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 13 ounce can Coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Curry powder
- 1 8 ounce can of Peas
- 1 medium Red pepper – diced
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Long Grain Rice
Putting it all together:
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- In a large dutch oven heat the canola oil and cook the the onions until just translucent… about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until well coated. Pour in the chicken broth. stir and bring to a boil with the lid on. Turn off the heat and put in the oven for 35 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan heat the coconut milk and curry powder stirring continually until sauce starts to thicken. Mix in the red pepper and peas and continue cooking for about another five minutes.
- Add the curry sauce and vegetables to the rice, mix well and set aside to cool.
- While the rice mixture is cooling saute the shrimp until just pink.
- When the shrimp has cooled, plate the rice mix and top with the shrimp.
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……