Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joe's
This is one of those super easy recipes that is sure to please anyone in your household and because it is so versatile you can add or delete anything you like.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 pound ground Beef
- 1 pound ground Pork
- 1 medium Red Pepper – diced
- 1 medium Yellow Pepper – diced
- 1 medium Yellow Onion – diced
- 4 small Garlic cloves – finely diced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons Ketchup
- 3 tablespoons liquid Beef Base
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Beef stock
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh Ground Pepper
- 6 slices Provolone
- 6 soft Kaisers
Putting it all together:
- In a large fry pan brown the ground meat and remove to a bowl reserving the “meat juice”.
- To the pan add the onion, peppers and garlic and cook in the “meat juice” until just tender. About 5 minutes.
- Add in the butter and when melted add the flour and cook for about another 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the beef base and Worcestershire sauce and then add the ground meat back into the pan stirring well to incorporate.
- Add the ketchup and beef broth and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve over toasted Kaisers and top with the Provolone
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……..
2 thoughts on “Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joe’s”
What a great recipe, thanks!