My grandson loves Taco Tuesday at our house because he gets a chance to basically make his own dinner and with the invention of Old El Paso Taco Bowls™ he really looks forward to Tuesday nights.
Now for me I need to find an alternative to the ordinary usual type taco because I have to avoid red meat so this Tuesday I decided to go for Shrimp Tacos and since we have a place near home with really reasonably priced shrimp it was a no brainer. This decision also gave me the opportunity to experiment with my Actifry™ Hot Air Fryer and I have to say it performed as well as I expected.
Cooks note: When using the Actifry for things like shrimp or chicken nuggets remove the center spindle that way the shrimp etc will sit flat while cooking.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 bag 31-40 shell off, deveined Shrimp
- Small head of iceberg Lettuce – shredded
- Medium bag shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 medium Avocado – sliced
- 3 Spring Onions – chopped
- 1 Old El Paso™ Taco kit
- 1 jar Old El Paso™ salsa
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle powder
- 4 tablespoons Old Bay™ seasoning
- Pickled Anaheim peppers
- Sour cream for garnish
Putting it all together:
- Season the flour with the Old Bay and Chipotle powder and mix well.
- Dredge the shrimp in the flour making sure to shake off any excess and place half in the Actifry.
- Cook for 10 minutes turning half way. Repeat with the remaining shrimp
- Build your Taco and enjoy.
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……….