My very first kitchen job was as a prep cook for a chain restaurant and they had a rather large menu so we were kept hopping all day and time was a factor. One of the menu items was a “Chicken Taco” using seared and oven cooked chicken breast. One day I asked my trainer how come we were searing the chicken breast, in batches, in frying pans instead of using the flat top thereby getting it all done in one shot and her answer was “because someone would have to clean it” ????? Needless to say this answer completely floored me. Thankfully the subsequent places I worked at used their flat tops and it made life so much easier and with that memory in mind (also because I can’t afford a commercial flat top) I purchased an Electric Griddle.
The one I bought, after comparing various models, is the Starfrit™ The Rock family size and it works very well.
Here then is my review on this product.
- Heats up quickly
- Cool touch handles
- Large size – 19 x 13 cooking surface
- Non-Stick surface
- Removable grease tray
- Easy read temperature dial
- Cleans up with just a little soap and water
- Reasonable price tag – $60.00
- The only real drawback to this product is its size. It takes up a good amount of counter space when in use and finding storage space when it’s not being used is a bit of a hassle.
All in all I would rate this product 8 out of 10 and I would recommend it to anyone.
Until next time………