Nacho Cheese Chicken Fingers
“Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all.”
Harriet Van Horne
I came across this recipe while searching for something different to make for my grandson since the adults where having something spicy and I have to say the concept is really quite intriguing. I mean seriously, who would think of crusting chicken tenders with Nacho Cheese Doritos™? Certainly not me but it works and was a great success.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 8 to 10 Chicken Tenders
- 2 cups ground Nacho Cheese Doritos
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 cup AP Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Parsley Flakes
Putting it all together:
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Set up your dredging station by seasoning the flour with the salt, pepper, garlic, onion and parsley and place in one container. Whisk the eggs in a second container and place the ground Doritos in a third.
- Working in batches, two or three at a time, dredge the chicken in the flour, the egg wash and finally the Doritos and place aside. Repeat with the remaining tenders.
- Place the tenders on a baking sheet and put in the oven until they are golden brown (about 18 mins.) or they reach 160° internal temperature.
- Plate and enjoy.
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……….