Bacon Wrapped Cordon Bleu Chicken Thighs
“your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
― Anthony Bourdain
I’m not entirely certain that the above quote is appropriate here since Chef Bourdain is considered the “Bad Boy” of restaurant kitchens due to his addictions to various and sundry substances however I tend to agree that in the world of food you definitely should “Enjoy the ride.”
This particular recipe is a playful take on the classic “Cordon Bleu” and with the addition of Bacon how can you go wrong? Now for this one I decided to use chicken thighs since they are inexpensive and if you get skin on/bone in and then skin them/debone them yourself you can certainly save money.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 8 Skin Skinless/Bonless Chicken Thighs
- 8 slices Deli Ham
- 8 slices Swiss Cheese
- 8 Slices Smoked Bacon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Putting it all together:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lay the chicken thigh “shiny” side down on a cutting board and sprinkle the inside with salt and pepper.
- Layer a piece of ham topped with Swiss cheese on the chicken.
- Put the chicken on a piece of bacon and fold until the bacon meets.
- Put the chicken, seam side down, on a baking tray and place in the oven for about 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……..