Baked Mexican Breakfast Bars
What nicer thing can you do for somebody than make them breakfast?
While breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day it can also be the most challenging one to make. I mean how many times can you have bacon and eggs or pancakes with bacon or French toast with bacon before you get tired of it and want something completely different?—- okay let’s be serious…. NO ONE ever gets tired of bacon but you get my drift.
This was the conundrum I found myself in this morning and as I remembered reading about this kind of dish recently I set out to make it and of course put my own spin on it.
These are also great to freeze and use on days when you are in a hurry because you can just heat and run.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 3 cups diced Ham
- 1 medium white Onion – diced
- 1 cup chopped Asparagus spears
- 1 8 ounce can Corn kernals – drained
- 1 8 ounce can Black beans – drained and rinsed
- 10 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons dried Parsley
- Salsa – (optional)
- 1 9 x 12 x 1/12 Mini loaf pan
Putting it all together:
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°. While the oven is heating mix the eggs in a 4 cup measuring cup and set aside.
- In a large non reactive bowl mix all the remaining ingredients.
- Spray the loaf pan with a non stick spray, spoon the ham and veggie mix equally into the mini loaf pan.
- Pour enough eggs into each slot to just cover the mix and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with salsa if using.
There you have it “another simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time………..