Applesauce and pumpkin loaf
As a general rule I don’t do a lot of baking even with a six year old in the house who likes cookies, muffins and cake so when I get the urge to bake it’s quite the surprise to all in the house… especially me. This recipe, then, is from one of those urge moments and with the help of an electric mixer the “prep” time is a breeze.
The baking time on this one is a little longer due to the loaf pan being used however if you wish to use a regular 9×13 cake pan the time will be reduced.
Here is how we do this one.
- 2 1⁄2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Eggs
Putting it all together:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Put all the dry ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on low for about two minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix on low for about three minutes then on medium until all ingredients are well blended
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf or cake pan
- Bake for approximately 90 minutes if using a loaf pan, 60-65 minutes for a cake pan or until a toothpick comes out clean
There you have it “another simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until the next time……..
4 thoughts on “Applesauce and pumpkin loaf”
I’m with you on that baking thing! Looks delicious!
Thanks………. I now have a standing order for a carrot cake…. lol
Interesting recipe, would love to try 😄
Let me know how you make out if you try it