Grilled peach and Prosciutto
“Look up in the sky it’s a bird it’s, a plane it’s a…….. Baseball?”
Yup it’s that time of year again….. the ALCS and NLCS games are on (that’s baseball for those who don’t know)to see who goes to the World Series to play for all the marbles and since my home town team The Toronto Blue Jays are playing in the ALCS I am more interested than I normally would be.
Now I know that the norm for a baseball game is chicken wings, popcorn, nachos etc. but since I did that last week I thought I would do something a bit different this time around— at least as far as an appetizer is concerned and since I wanted to watch the game as well I opted for something simple.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 Cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 Semi ripe Peach
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground Black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon granulated Garlic
- 9 Half slices of Prosciutto
- 1 small loaf of French bread
Putting it all together:
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees
- Slice the peach into 9 equal parts
- In a mixing bowl combine all remaining ingredients, except the bread, and mix well
- Grill the peaches for approximately 5 minutes
- When cooled enough to handle wrap a half slice of Prosciutto around each peach slice
- Slice the french bread on the bias and spread the Ricotta cheese mixture on each slice
- Place a grilled peach slice on each piece of bread
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time………
4 thoughts on “Grilled peach and prosciutto”
Thank you maam
That looks really delicious. I have some Prosciutto in my fridge. I shall be trying this over the weekend!
Awesome…….. hope you enjoy