Don’t let the title fool you—- this recipe has nothing to do with Crab of any kind. Instead when my grandson heard we where having burgers and fries for dinner he declared “I want to help make Crabby Patties“.
Now for the uninitiated Crabby Patties come from the kids cartoon Sponge Bob Square Pants and they are sold in an underwater restaurant that ANY 4 or 5 year old would recognize. So being the soft touch “pops” that I am I said “okay” let’s do that and “do you want to help” to which I got a “not this time……. you do them”. Kids…… gotta love em.
So for your taste bud consideration I present to you my grandson’s “Crabby Patties”……..
Here’s how we do this one.
- One pound ground beef
- One pound ground pork
- Two eggs – whisked together
- 1/3 cup Bread crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose dry rub (see Dry rubs and Marinades)
- Slider Press (optional)
Putting it all together:
- In a large non reactive bowl mix all ingredients
- Form 3 ounce meatballs
- Place meatballs in slider press (if using one) or form patties by hand
- Place patties in refrigerator for at least one hour to allow the burgers to set up
- Grill until patties reach 160° internal temperature
There you have it “another simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond” courtesy of my grandson Logan.
Until next time……..