The recipe for this dish comes to us from “Canadian Cook Book” which was printed in 1959 by Ryereson Press Toronto and for those who are not familiar with the name, Ryereson is one of the City of Toronto’s University’s and is a highly thought of institution of higher learning which leads me to the question….. “Why did you guys print a cook book with NO pictures for the recipes?” The photo used here comes from www.g’daysouffle.com…….. thanks mate.
I would like to point out that for this recipe there was no mention of how much time it would take to prepare it so I kinda guessed based on my knowledge of things like the time it takes to boil water, boil lobsters or lobster tails etc so if my timing is off please forgive me.
Here’s how we do this one.
- 2 cups flaked lobster
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup chopped, sauteed mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
Putting it all together:
- Make a cream sauce of butter,flour,seasonings and cream
- Add lobster and mushrooms
- Fill buttered shells or ramekins, sprinkle with grated cheese
- Brown in a hot oven; serve at once.
There you have it another “simple but tasty Retro Recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time……….