This is not one of my better food pictures but then again I never claimed to be a photographer.
I had long ago forgotten about this recipe but then for some reason it came to mind the other day and I thought “yeah…… this will make a nice change from the ordinary pizza we usually have”. Now for those who may not be familiar with Stromboli it is simply an Italian Pizza Sandwich which is very easy to make and oh so delicious and for this one I will use a “cheat” because I have not ever tried scratch making pizza dough which, in itself, is a fine art.
Here’s how we do this one……..
- One tin Pillsbury pizza dough
- Store bought pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
Putting it all together:
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Roll out the pizza dough making it a rectangular shape instead of round
- Spread the pizza sauce on the dough leaving a border of approx. 1/4 inch all around the dough
- Sprinkle the Mozzarella on the sauce
- Add your toppings
- Starting with the long sides fold them up and pinch them together forming an envelope
- Fold up the ends and seal them
- Place on a cookie sheet and pop in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on the top being careful not to burn the bottom
- Slice and enjoy
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond”.
Until next time………