When it comes to “simple but tasty recipes for the grilling season and beyond” this particular one fits the bill to a “T” and it is so versatile it can be served with almost anything…….. I served mine with oven baked pork chops. I will also add that any leftover Risotto (yeah like that’s going to happen) can be used to make Arancini which are stuffed and deep fried rice balls.
Now before we progress to much further I have to say that this is not an original recipe nor is it one handed down through the ages rather I happened to stumble upon it at the site for The Barefoot Contessa, Ina Gartner so hat’s off to her for this tremendous dish.
Here’s how we do it.
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups simmering chicken stock, divided
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons diced butter
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas— I used frozen peas and carrots
Putting it all together:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place the rice and 4 cups of the chicken stock in a Dutch oven. Cover and bake for 45 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the oven, add the remaining cup of chicken stock, Parmesan cheese, wine, butter, salt and pepper and stir vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes, until the rice is thick and creamy.
- Add the peas/peas and carrots and stir until heated.
- Serve with your favourite protein
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond”.
Until next time……..