I belong to a Facebook group called International Food Bloggers and the members are constantly posting various and sundry recipes. Some of the recipes are submitted by professional Chefs while most are from like minded people who just simply love to cook and share recipes.
I was surfing through the group postings yesterday when I came across this particular recipe and it intrigued me to the degree that I had to take a further look at it. I followed the link and found myself at www.auntbeesrecipes.com where this particular recipe can be found. I read through the ingredients list and instructions and decided that since I had 95% of the ingredients in the house and I was looking for a “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond” that I would give this one a whirl….. I am so happy that I did. This recipe is just plain awesome!!
Here’s how we do this one.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce— I didn’t have any so I used some Marinara that I had made.
- 1/2 cup Bisquick mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Putting it all together:
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Chop the chicken into bite sized chunks
- In a large skillet saute the chicken with the dry spices until cooked.
- Add the tomato sauce to the chicken and mix well
- Add the Parmesan and Mozzarella and mix well
- Pour the chicken mix into a greased pie pan or deep dish
- In a separate bowl mix the Bisquick, milk, pepper and eggs until well blended
- Pour over the chicken mixture and bake for 35 minutes
- Sprinkle with the remaining Mozzarella and bake for an additional 5 minutes
- Allow to settle/rest for about ten minutes before cutting.
This recipe can be served on its own or as the main part of the meal accompanied by some veggie sides.
There you have it…. another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond”
Until next time.