Pasta and Seafood…….. What’s not to love? Both are tasty, good for you and very easy to prepare and when you combine the two you can’t help but arrive at a very memorable meal. Oh and adding some proscuitto wrapped asparagus takes this already very tasty dish to a whole new level.
Before we go any further I do have to mention that my ever lovely and talented daughter Alison was a tremendous help in putting this whole dish together and I could not have pulled this one off without her…….. Kudos kiddo. Thanks for the help.
Here’s how we do this one………
- One bag 31-40 deveigned Shrimp
- One bag Sea Scallops
- 2 pounds live Mussels– scrubbed and de-bearded
- One package Fettuccine noodles
- 12-18 Asparagus stalks – trimmed of the woody end
- 8-12 slices Proscuitto
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmigiana cheese (I love Parmigiana so I use a lot)
- Chopped parsley (optional)
Putting it all together:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Wrap 3-4 asparagus spears in one or two slices of the proscuitto
- Place the asparagus on a sheet tray and pop in the oven until the proscuitto is crisp and the asparagus is tender – about 15 minutes
- In a large sauce pan melt the butter being careful not to burn it
- Stir in the heavy cream
- Add the parmigiana and blend until smooth. With this step it is advised to remove the sauce from the heat so the cheese does not clump
- In a separate pan saute the shrimp until pink and the scallops until firm
- Steam the mussels until they open – about 4 minutes. Discard any that do not open
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions
- Add the pasta, shrimp and scallops to the sauce and mix well
- Plate the pasta and sauce mix
- Place the mussels around the edge of the plate and put the asparagus in the middle
- Sprinkle with a little chopped parsley if desired and enjoy.
There you have it—– another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond.”
Until next time…….