It's PIZZA time
Like everyone else I get tired and find days that I just don’t feel like cooking and so I look for an easy yet tasty way out.
This particular recipe comes to you courtesy of my four year old grandson because I asked him if he wanted Pizza for dinner and his response was “Pizza!!!!! I LOVE Pizza” and so it began which is half the fun when you try to get a four year old interested in cooking and don’t look at me that way———- it’s never to early to get them interested in the kitchen. So after a trip to our local grocery store where he decided he wanted olives, pepperoni and Pineapple ( I will bonk whoever told him pineapple belongs on pizza) we headed home.
Now four year olds being what they are their attention span often lasts all of fifteen minutes so by the time we got home he decided he wanted mommy to make his pizza for him which then allowed me time to create mine and this is where the fun comes in because everybody can custom make their own pie and it’s not that expensive either.
Here’s how I put mine together……..
- One 220 gram Naan pizza crust
- Three tablespoons Basil Pesto
- Half a cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Sliced Turkey pepperoni—- a hand full. I used Turkey because I’m supposed to avoid red meat
- A hand full of sliced mushrooms
- Sliced green olives
Putting it all together:
- Pre heat your oven to 450 degrees
- Spread the pesto on the Naan pizza crust
- Top with the pepperoni, mushrooms,olives and cheese
- Place in the oven for approximately 6 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly
All that’s left to do is to slice up that pie and enjoy with your favorite beverage.
There you have it another “simple but tasty recipe for the grilling season and beyond”
So until next time…………