Basil Pesto is one of those items where you look at it and wonder “is it a sauce or is it a condiment?”
For me it can be both since it can be used in pasta or as a pizza sauce or as a condiment/dipping sauce for grilled shrimp or scallops.
Here is a “simple but tasty” Classic Basil Pesto.
– 2 Quarts Fresh Basil
– 1 ½ cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 4 Ounces Pine Nuts
– 6 Garlic cloves
– 1 ½ Teaspoons Salt
– 5 Ounces Fresh grated Parmesan
– 1 ½ Ounces fresh grated Romano
– Wash and drain the Basil well
– Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend to a coarse paste
– Remove the Pesto to a clean bowl and blend in the cheese
There you have it a “simple but tasty” dish.