I just love this dish because it is so “simple and tasty” but apparently not as wide known as I originally thought because when I mentioned it to relatives in England they wanted to have me committed since they had never heard of it and they thought I was insane.
Well nuts or not…… here goes.
– 1 4kg Roaster chicken
– 1 Can of your favorite beer (less 25% for the chef)
– 2 Sprigs of Rosemary and Thyme
– 2 Peeled garlic cloves
– Chicken dry rub (see rubs and marinades)
– Drink 25% of the beer
– Put the Rosemary, Thyme and Garlic in the beer can
– Liberally “hit” the chicken with the dry rub making sure to get the rub into all the nooks and crannies.
– Place the beer can into the chickens “butt”
– Put the chicken et al on a baking sheet, this makes the bird easier to place on the grill, and put on a grill that has been pre heated to 350 degrees.
– Leave the bird for 45 to 60 minutes or until the juices run clear or the bird hits 165 degrees internal temperature.
– Serve with your favorite side.